DOWNLOAD! 👉 hyde.kvl.me
hy(de)blog is a fork of the 'hyblog' hybrid blogging system created by Colin Walker. This system takes a different approach to blogging than most database driven or static site generated platforms. Rather than having to build the site after each change, the hyblog system uses dynamic files which write/pull posts and comments to/from .md files.
The hy(de)blog fork builds upon the core foundations of hyblog by adding several functional & stylistic improvements while addressing bugs & errors within the initial code. The improved stability that hy(de)blog brings to the hyblog system readies it for regular day-to-day long-term use and adaptability by end users. Further details on this fork are available at /colophon.
hy(de)blog was generated by Kevin Van Lierop (me!) during the first couple months of 2023.
Dual personalities; one platform
hy(de)blog ships with both light & dark styles, complete with default avatars in the spirit of its namesake. Styles & presentation are customizable by the end user, including:
- Custom avatar (header logo & favicon)
- Permalinks (off, hash, time stamp)
- Comments (web form, email, off)
- Pagination (on / off)
- Post order (oldest / newest first)
- Date & time display (UK, USA, ISO etc.)
- Custom styles
- Variables template included: users can override many of the default styles (colours, fonts, spacing) easily via the admin panel
- RSS feed options (including support for the 'now' namespace)
- Time zone support
Have something you'd like to say about what I've written? 📣
Great! Send me a note via email and let's start a conversation on this very topic.